I need a little help with difernt styles of tables

nutterz

Thanks guys, but i have been reading up on CSS through the w3schools tutorials and im having a little trouble finding the correct tutorial im after so basicly if I had "e.g." table {background-color: darkred; width: 18%} on left and right and I wanted to use difernt colors and width with the table I plan to put in the center what section fo the tutorial should I be studdying?

A selector like "table" is a type selector. As you've discovered, it makes every instance of that element the same. What you want is a class selector. Notice:table.small {width: 10em; background-color: #ffaaaa}That definition would be used with a tag like this:<table class="small">Only tables with that class attribute will be 10em wide with a pink background.

ok so would I be correct in using table.large {width: 60%; background-color: maroon;}with the tag <table class="large"> as the table I plan to make the second one will take up more room than the ones i already have? or should I re do the tags on my original tables and titleing them as table.small / <table class="small">

Really, you should give both of them different classes. In the global table selector, only put information that is relevant to all tables.

Archived