Ajax url problem ............

pankaj.ghadge

how to specify url of ajax.I have given full path still it is not working.......Php page is in different directory ...............I have created a plugins directory. in that i have created a ajax_table_load.phpand i am sending request to that php page from from another directory. which is outside of that plugins directory. I think problem is with url variable that i have declared below. I want to specify a complete path . please guide me.......................

<script>     var  xmlHttp;function quit(){    xmlHttp=GetXmlHttpObject();if (xmlHttp==null)  {        alert ("Browser does not support HTTP Request");        return;  }        var url="http://"+document.domain+"/plugins/ajax_table_load.php";        xmlHttp.onreadystatechange=stateChanged;        xmlHttp.open("GET",url,true);        xmlHttp.send(null);}function GetXmlHttpObject(){        var xmlHttp=null;        try         {                 // Firefox, Opera 8.0+, Safari                 xmlHttp=new XMLHttpRequest();         }         catch (e)         {                 //Internet Explorer                 try                  {                          xmlHttp=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP");                  }                 catch (e)                  {                          xmlHttp=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP");                  }         }                        return xmlHttp;}function stateChanged(){         if (xmlHttp.readyState==4 || xmlHttp.readyState=="complete")         {                alert(xmlHttp.responseText);                //document.getElementById(divStr).innerHTML=xmlHttp.responseText;                //alert(document.getElementById(divStr).innerHTML);         }}</script>  

Browsers forbid cross-domain AJAX requests, and they do this by restricting the URL to a local one - i.e. forbidding the domain part. Try using this URL instead; it means exactly the same thing as the one you posted above (because a leading slash means the document root):

/plugins/ajax_table_load.php

Archived