How to array this

KYKK

EDIT: QUESTION 1All i have is that and in database i have a name clanwebs and some other info in field subtitle, byline, content and i trying to array it

$result = mysql_query("SELECT title, content FROM custom_fields WHERE user='user1'");$boxes = array();while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result)){  $new_box = array('title' => $row['title'], 'content' => $row['content']);  $boxes[] = $new_box;}$content['boxes'] = $boxes;

for each box that have 1 title and 1 content and what i put for 1 title and muti content?I thinking something like echo all Hi title and it content same as how you echo the boxes for each user???

You mean like

$var = array(	"key1" => array("item1", "item2", "item3"),	"key2" => array("item1", "item2", "item3"));

O i thought only justsomeguy going to answer my post, because only him will keep follow my questions to pages... so last thread we did a 1 title and 1 content array and get data from databaseso in database we haveid title content===============================1 hi HI content for Hi1 hello hello ...1 bye bye ....1 cya cya ,,, 2 whatever whatever content there are2 some title bla bla bla3 ..... ...4 title ...and in array $result = mysql_query("SELECT title, content FROM custom_fields WHERE user_id=1");$boxes = array();while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result)){ $new_box = array('title' => $row['title'], 'content' => $row['content']); $boxes[] = $new_box;}$content['boxes'] = $boxes;select the title and content from the user we have or we can do user_id=$Get_user or something then we don't need to change code for different user...and it will array the user title and rowand now i have 1 title with muti-content and I want to have like a bullet list (and a list have more then one thing...)and so I thought having the database doid title content==================1 Hi Hi1 Hi Hello1 Hi Hey1 Bye bye1 Bye bye bye1 Bye cya1 bye later1 somemore ....1 whatever ....2 for different users22...Like that and I though if we could do same thing which select the user first and select content that have the same title and echo the title 1 time and echo it all the contentI have no idea how to put THE SAME Title in code.....so get what i mean?

EDIT: QUESTION 1 (a New array questions)All i have is that and in database i have a name clanwebs and some other info in field subtitle, byline, content and i trying to array it

<?phprequire_once 'db.php';$result = mysql_query("SELECT subtitle, byline, content FROM post WHERE `name` ='clanwebs'");$boxes = array();while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result)){  $new_box = array('subtitle' => $row['subtitle'], 'content' => $row['content']);  $boxes[] = $new_box;}$content['boxes'] = $boxes;echo "[$boxes]";?>

but then I echo the variable boxes and all it show is Array, not the stuff that i array the word ArrayI did this before but where i go wrong?

That's because $boxes is an array. You need to echo the contents of the array, through the use of a foreach() loop or such. For debugging purposes you can use print_r().

do you mean boxes IS the word array ? but I have the template system which you separate PHP and HTML, and I put {*boxes} in HTML template I use $content['name'] = $row['name']; and I put {*name} in HTML and it will show $row['name']that why I use $content['boxes'] so I can put {*boxes}but I don't understand why it showing the word array instead of the stuff I want from databaseand I successfully use foreach loop and i able to see the result...but I need {*boxes} to have the data so how can I do that?

Now I need a box(es) that have one title and muti content like thisMy Title1. hello2. hi3. byeMy 2nd Title1. ,,dfd,2. llddflsomething like that... and i create a table for this kind of table name ol (CSS div class)and have field name title contentbut I have 3 content (maybe more depend on what users want)should I have 3 row for the array ? likename title content----------------------------------clanwebs HI helloclanwebs HI hiclanwebs Hi byebut in array how do I tell the browser that row that have the same title is one boxfor each box that have 1 title and 1 contentI select the boxes that belong to the user SELECT subtitle, byline, content FROM post WHERE `name` ='clanwebs'");but what i put for 1 title and muti content?how do i select "the same" title ...

Archived