Javascript Layer Size and Positioning

skaterdav85

So I made this website for a professor and i used JS to open and close the layer, but when i resize my browser, the layer stays in the same place. But I want the layer to always stay under its title "View Past Hospitals Here". The site is http://healthcareengineering.usc.edu/ and click on "View Past Hospitals Here" to view the Layer.If anyone can help me that'd be excellent! Layers are tricky!

Absolutely positioned division, not layer. Layer is an old Netscape term. :)Make the parent position:relative; and use margins instead of the top: and left: properties to shift the division in question.

Absolutely positioned division, not layer. Layer is an old Netscape term. :)Make the parent position:relative; and use margins instead of the top: and left: properties to shift the division in question.
ok so i did this, and it messed up my whole center div. did i misunderstand?#PastHosp { position:relative; width:232px; height:163px; z-index:1; background-color: #e8eaec; border: solid thin black; margin-left: 608px; margin-top: 293px; padding: 3px; visibility: hidden;}

No. On the <td> that contains the #PastHosp division, make that position:relative;.Then, on #PastHosp, keep it position:absolute; but get rid of the top: and left: properties, and replace them with margin-top: and margin-left:. The values will have to be adjusted, too.

No. On the <td> that contains the #PastHosp division, make that position:relative;.Then, on #PastHosp, keep it position:absolute; but get rid of the top: and left: properties, and replace them with margin-top: and margin-left:. The values will have to be adjusted, too.
ok so i did this<td style="position:relative;"> on the td that contains the div and i changed the #PastHosp properties to margin-top and margin-left along w these respective values, but the AP Div still stays in the same place when u change the browser size. Any idea? AP Divs are frustrating!

Archived