send automatically mail

soona

Hi experts,Version: vs2005, asp.net with c#, sqlserver.How can i send automatically mail to all our employees in one company. for indicating birthday of particular employee.the mail to be sent through only my website.with out clicking any button. and it should be run automatically. how can i done this pls any one send sample code for me very urgent requirement.thanks

This type of task doesn't fit as a website very well because this application will have to run all the time checking the date with the listed birthdays.The easiest thing to do is create a small Windows Console application and set it up as a Windows task to run once a day.You would need a small database, probably one table, that held a list of employees, their email address, and their birthday.You could populate the database manually or you could create some input screens. This would be a separate project from the mailer and could be a website so you could login and access it from anywhere.So your console app would run once a day, it would read the list of employees and check to see if anyone was having a birthday today (or in 5 days, or whatever) then email the entire list about the upcoming birthday.

Archived