Alternitive to textarea/input?

clonetrooper9494

I have noticed that textareas have a max length per-line... I opened a .jpg in notepad(3 lines) when I stuck it in to a text area there was suddenly about 20. Is there any way to change it so it doesn't do that? Is there an alternative way to pass the .jpg? Or perhaps it is because I am using Google Chrome...

What on earth are you talking about? Maximum length per line? You can type or paste as much as you like.When you say you opened a .jpg, you mean you pasted the jpg data into a textarea? Most file formats besides plain text use the newline characters as data characters. They don't mean "newline" in that format. But if you paste them into a text editor, they will behave like newline characters. So maybe that's what you're experiencing.What exactly are you trying to do, anyway? Upload a jpg to a server? Do you have a server-side scripting language?

well, I was trying to make a file uploader (for my use only) instead of emailing school docs between computers, so I found a free hosting site and made a really basic file uploader... and it didn't allow certain PHP functions, so I made a wierd one that saves the data of the file as a .txt which I download and change to .doc...Yes I know there are free file hosting services, but I thought I would see if I could try and develop my own... (It's a long story...)I guess that that idea won't work speaking how pasting the same data from a JPG file opened in notepad into another notepad and saving it as my_pic.jpg corrupts it. Well, I'll try and salvage the script to use it for something else... :)

Archived