x forms

threesticks

interesting i did type into a search box here at the forums in lower case (x forms) and received zero results with the results page showing an error must have accrued, i could not find correct spelling for a curd.any way here is my post on the subject of x forms.X Formshere at this address: http://www.w3schools.com/xforms/xforms_intro.aspI do read the following as cut and pasted here:What Is XForms? • XForms is the next generation of HTML forms • XForms is richer and more flexible than HTML forms • XForms will be the forms standard in XHTML 2.0 • XForms is platform and device independent • XForms separates data and logic from presentation • XForms uses XML to define form data • XForms stores and transports data in XML documents • XForms contains features like calculations and validations of forms • XForms reduces or eliminates the need for scripting • XForms is a W3C RecommendationSo a question that comes to my brain cells is: Will PHP become obsolete in the creation of dynamic web site`s, in reference to; ( XForms reduces or eliminates the need for scripting ). And what will become of SQL in reference to: ( XForms stores and transports data in XML documents ).And is there reference out on the web with the pro`s and cons, do you have any links to any web sites that offer light on both sides of the coin.Thank you.O and did i miss the train on entering character data in lower case is no longer an issue and that ( any ) data can now be entered in upper case ?.thank you again.

XForms is one word (as per the tutorial's description) :) - a search for that produces 20 results.Anyway, XForms is very simply "the next generation of HTML forms". It is not meant to store, manipulate, output, or perform any other data function besides input. The "elimination of scripting" refers to the superfluousness of additional data validation when using XForms as the XForms specification provides methods of data validation. To store, manipulate, or in any way further process data input through an XForm, an additional script will be needed. The phrase "XForms stores and transports data in XML documents" means that data input into an XForm will be posted in XML format. It is possible to store that data still in XML form, or you can parse it into SQL queries. Pros and cons on that can be found by searching for notes on databases vs. XML. However, practical discussion on XForms is fairly pointless at the current time as the specification is hardly implemented anywhere.

O and did i miss the train on entering character data in lower case is no longer an issue and that ( any ) data can now be entered in upper case ?.
With respect to what?
and received zero results with the results page showing an error must have accrued, i could not find correct spelling for a curd.
Occured. Accrued means "accumulated".

Archived