Capital Letters Making A Difference In Url Name

bw83

I use yahoo webhosting (webhosting.yahoo.com) for my domain and have for a while but one thing i noticed when i was wondering why my page wouldnt load was that if I put a capital letter in the web address it gives me a "Not Found" error. I was wondering if this is normal or servers or if its something messed up on mine and if anyone knows a way that its fixable.http://bw83.com/web/home.phpThats the page im working on (not done just learning php for the menu) but if you subsitute any of the ltters it gives the error.

Historically, the Internet is a Unix thing. Unix is case sensitive. So, yeah, what you're seeing is normal. Most web designers stick to all lowercase for file and directory names. The only exception is the root name of your server (something.com), which is case INsensitive. DNS service postdates the Internet itself. Maybe that's why.

ok that makes sense i was thinking it was just my server because after i noticed that was the problem i went to "www.MYSPACE.com" in all caps but i guess since its the root thats why. Thanks again for the help. <goes and renames files to all lowercase>

Archived