Replacing Smil Method With Javascript

sharethewisdom

hello!I created this website http://webs.hogent.be/bart_deroy/ on which I used a great deal of (one particular) SMIL presentation method inside my html, to simply alter texts and at times also images and other elements. Yet only Internet Explorer 5.5+ can run SMIL presentations inside HTML files. I know it wasn't smart to seize on this solution as such, without doubting about a possible risk for problems in other browsers nor bearing the actual purpose of those SMIL things in mind. Worse still it was very stupid. (frustrating) But now I'm learning and I started all over a few times, to produce order out of my own chaos. My knowledge of javascript is very small, I appreciate anyone's help most when he/she could give me full examples, so that i have something to start with.SMIL Tutorial: http://www.w3schools.com/smil/smil_html.aspaim: to replace little bits of text of the SMIL method with bits of text of a javascript method in order to conform to all browsersI would like to replace this:

<t:seq repeatCount="indefinite"><tag class="t" dur="3s">Welkompagina</tag><tag class="t" dur="3s">Welcome page</tag><tag class="t" dur="3s">Accueil</tag></t:seq>

with something like this:

[begin script: the repeat count must always be indefinite, any tags found in between here and the end should all be timed out in accordance with the retrieved data placed within those tags dur="3s" or equally]<tag dur="3s">Welkompagina</tag> <tag dur="3s">Welcome page</tag><tag dur="3s">Accueil</tag>[end script: all elements are enclosed within this part and the beginning]

In this example, each tag should display for 3 seconds whilst the others are unvisible, so that the different tags alter, and the alignment does not necessarily need to be css-outlined in order to let the elements all have the same logical place.W3schools was my first 'html/... school' and I'm still using its user friendly outlinesthanks a million!Bartps Each time I have to go someware to find a wireless internet connection, my response might come a bit late...

Archived