Convert Dvd To .flv

son

Just downloaded a DVD to Flash converter (Aimersoft) with having quite bad video to start off with. Then I maximised all setting with great results, but wonder what is really necessary for good video quality. There are settings for - frame rate, resolution, bit rate for video- sample rate and audio rate for audiothat you can change. Anyone any ideas?Son

Ive used virtualdub to do dvd to video using different codecs such as mpg4 and divx/xvid and you know all those playing around with stuff... while the codec situation isnt the same as what your working with all video files have the same things that make up the file size and those are the elements your talking about. Im not sure if you've viewed info on ripped movies for download or anything but if you do the properties on the video file it gives you all the info for 2008 axxo rip of ghost town has these specsvideo-width = 616height = 336data rate 7kbpstotal bitrate = 119kbpsframe rate = 23fpsaudio-bitrate = 112now if you notice ntsc uses 30/fps and pal uses 25/fps and this video is encoded at a lower rate then both of those and watching it you cant tell. When talking about audio 320 is considered cd quality audio, when a professional ripping group will rip a cd they will put it at 192 and that is considered the level that without equipment you wont be able to tell a difference, and most people will tell you that listening to 128 the average person wont be able to tell a difference at all when it comes to music... now your talking about video and unless its a musical you can probably use the 112bitrate that was used on this movie and still be completely fine or if your going to .flv and its streaming most people would even be happy with the 96bitrate because i know alot of websites that stream dont go that highHope this helps a little bit but bitrates and frame rates are all I really mess with when im ripping because i usually dont rip too many of my own even if I own the movie i'll download a version because its easier then using the system resources then ripping it myself.

Archived