Standalone Version Of Ie 5.5 Not Picking Up Javascript

elementalgrace

Hi,I've been creating some layouts using jquery and other javascript snippets, and have been testing them for cross browser compatibility. I can get them all looking and working the same in IE6, IE7, Firefox 3, Opera 9.6 and Safari (Win 3.1) but I also need the site to work with IE 5.5 (yes, I know nobody should still be using it because it's virtually out of the ark but some people who will be using the site do and so...). To test the page, I set up a Microsoft virtual machine and downloaded standalone versions of IE 5.5 from evolt.org but they don't seem to be applying any of the javascript effects. I tested whether it was the standalone browser or the page by opening up a javascript demo that I knew worked and it didn't load.It seems to be able to recognise javascript though as I have a HTC file included to account for background transparencies in PNG files and it applies this without a hitch, which struck me as a bit weird.The javascipt is only stylistic so it's not the end of the world but I do want them to work if possible. So if anyone has come across this problem or (god forbid) has a working copy of IE 5.5 and would be willing to test for me, I'd be eternally grateful.Thanks

Try adding the language="Javascript" attribute to the code, as that was what was used before type="text/javascript" to identify type.Also, check that JS is enabled by doing this: http://dev.cybersessions.com/testbrow/javascript-IE55.html

Try adding the language="Javascript" attribute to the code, as that was what was used before type="text/javascript" to identify type.Also, check that JS is enabled by doing this: http://dev.cybersessions.com/testbrow/javascript-IE55.html
Thanks - I included language="Javascript" to the script tags but nothing seemed to change. I'm trying to use ietester now as well as my standalone and both seem to respond differently but neither are picking up any of the javascript files. Javascript is definitely enabled.

Archived