Css Layout

DaNuGai

I am trying to achieve something like this...2893733620104662001S600x600Q85.jpgHowever, I can't seem to get the footer on the bottom and height="100%" nor can i get the vertial-align="middle"Any help will be greatly apprecaited...thx

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"><html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" ><head>   <title>Title</title>   <style>   * {	   border: none; 	   padding: 0; 	   margin: 0; 	   z-index: 0;   }    html, body {	   height: 100%;   }   div {	   position: relative;   }   #wrapper {	   left: 50%;	   margin-left: -385px;	   width: 770px;	   height: 100%;   }   #header {	   width: 770px !important;	   height: 150px !important;	   background: url("images/header.png");	   background-repeat: no-repeat;   }   #body {	   display: table-cell;	   width: 740px !important;	   min-height: 370px;	   padding-left: 15px;	   padding-right: 15px;	   background: #fff;	   vertical-align: middle;	   text-align: center;   }   #footer {	   color: #cccccc;	   width: 740px !important;	   height: 60px !important;	   padding-left: 15px;	   padding-right: 15px;	   padding-top: 15px;	   background: url("images/footer.png");	   background-repeat: no-repeat;	   font-size: 7pt;	   text-align: center;   }   </style></head><body>   <div id="wrapper">	  <div id="header">	  </div>	  <div id="body">		  <span>I want everythig under ID="body" to be in the		  Center (horizontally) and in the middle vertically</span>	  </div>	  <div id="footer">		  <span>© 2009 Blah Blah Blah</span>	  </div>   </div></body></html>

Adding these lines to your footer CSS will put it on the bottom:position: absolute;bottom: 0px;The "body" div is trickier. table-cell is a funky display mode. It's the only element that seems to support vertical-align: middle, which is why you chose it. But other CSS properties don't mix well. min-height seems to clobber it, while height does not. So you could assign a fixed height, as dangerous as that is. bottom: 60px would be ideal for your page, but this also clobbers the vertical-align. You may have to make choices.But I'd love to read about a solution that does work.

Archived