Alignment Code For Ie

owosso

I remember seeing coding somewhere to include that automatically corrected alignment/position problems for IE. I have a line of text that is too low in every browser except I.E. In I.E. it's too high.Is there some coding I can include that will add extra padding just in I.E.?

I remember seeing coding somewhere to include that automatically corrected alignment/position problems for IE. I have a line of text that is too low in every browser except I.E. In I.E. it's too high.Is there some coding I can include that will add extra padding just in I.E.?
You can have an IE only style sheet or you can put in a IE only hack to your current style sheet. To do that you might have:* html yourDiv {margin: x x x x} where "x" is a different number than the prior yourDiv declaration.

You can have an IE only style sheet or you can put in a IE only hack to your current style sheet. To do that you might have:* html yourDiv {margin: x x x x} where "x" is a different number than the prior yourDiv declaration.
So * html yourDiv {margin: x x x x} is the hack?Thanks

So * html yourDiv {margin: x x x x} is the hack?Thanks
It's one hack. It's called the Tan Hack. It works because IE and only IE sees an outside container for the whole page. The "*" addresses something (unknown) outside the html. Standard practices is if you don't know something, don't use it so all the other browsers ignore it.The down side is if they 1) fix IE or 2) evolve IE so the hack isn't needed, its still there.

Archived