How To Upload Pictures In My Hard Drive To My Host Account To Get Url For Html

ebaytemplate

Hi,Can somebody please help me?I've been trying to get this done and tried many times but still can't get it right! :)I bought a new domain name and asked a transfer to my hosting account. Since my domain is not 60 days old, it can't be done just now but my hosting account company replied 'Your domain pointers are set correctly, so you can begin using your account until the time transfer is initiate'I added this new domain as 'add-on domain' via CPanel as they advised, then, tried to upload a picture from my hard drive. Under 'public_html', there is a folder called 'image' - created a folder named 'product' under that then uploaded a picture named 'ipod'When I right click 'ipod' to view URL, URL isn't anything near to my domain name. When it should be something like http ://www. my*new*domainname(dot)com/images/product/ipd.gif, instead it is http ://xx.xx.xx.xxx.....very very long long address......... And these x are numbers not URL with 'www'. It appears to be an IP address but I can't be sure. Under 'public_html', there is another folder with my url name www my*new*domainname(dot)com. Under that, I have 'cgi-bin' and 'images' - tried same as above under 'images' but the result is all same.Neverthless I copied and pasted it in html. Not surprisingly, image won't show. I am just trying to create some nice ebay templates. I've been studying html. And now trying to get some photos uploaded to my host account and use them in my listings.Can somebody please tell me what I am doing wrong?Thank you.

Until your domain is transfered you will be using a temporary address with your new host. This uses IP addresses rather than the full domain. This is why you are seeing lots of numbers (like 192.168.5.26)It is probably best if you contact your host and ask them about using your account before the domain has been transferred across, as each hosting company can have different ways of doing this.

Until your domain is transfered you will be using a temporary address with your new host. This uses IP addresses rather than the full domain. This is why you are seeing lots of numbers (like 192.168.5.26)It is probably best if you contact your host and ask them about using your account before the domain has been transferred across, as each hosting company can have different ways of doing this.
Oh I see.. that makes sense. I did contact them and am waiting for them to get back to me. I am not getting much help from their forum so had to submit a ticket. But since I was told by them that ''Your domain pointers are set correctly, so you can begin using your account until the time transfer is initiate", I thought it was ready to go. They can't do the transfer for domain that is less than 60 days old. My understanding is that the transfer means I pay the next renewal of the newly purchased domain to my host, not the company that I bought the domain from. That's what the transfer does. As long as my domain pointers are set to my host, it should do its job like uploading my file and stuff.What do you think?I have to say this forum has been far more helpful than my host forum. And tutorials are just amazing!Thank you again!

Archived