Overflow Woes

shadowayex

div.hidden	{height: 0px;	 overflow: hidden;	 visibility: hidden;}

overflow: hidden; won't hide the elements inside <div> when viewing in IE7. It works in Firefox (and probably any other browser), but of course IE has to be difficult. Is there any way to do this without setting every element's overflow to hidden?

No one? This is really annoying.Every fix I've tried failed. There's no position: relative on any of the children. wordwrap: break-word did nothing. And I don' know how to go about applying the formatting to all the children. Can anyone help me?

div.hidden	{height: 0px;	 overflow: hidden;	 visibility: hidden;}

overflow: hidden; won't hide the elements inside <div> when viewing in IE7. It works in Firefox (and probably any other browser), but of course IE has to be difficult. Is there any way to do this without setting every element's overflow to hidden?

Overflow doesn't hide things in the div. It's purpose is to deal with things that extend beyond the div.The "visibility" will hide things within a div, but it still allows them to take space. If you don't want that, then use "display:none" and the space is reclaimed. These work with FF and IE.

Archived