Sesssion Variable Returns Null

Guest shiningstar

Guest shiningstar

Hi all, I am developing a WAP application using jsp. I want to set and retrieve session variables using jsp.

chooseques.jsp <%@ page contentType="text/vnd.wap.wml" %><%@page language="java" import="java.sql.*" %>...session.setAttribute( "sess_count", count );System.out.println("sess_count="+session.getAttribute("sess_count"));// This displays the sess_count correctly %>displayques.jsp<%@ page contentType="text/vnd.wap.wml" %><%@page language="java" import="java.sql.*" %><% ...String count =(String)session.getAttribute("sess_count");//I'm retriving the session variable but it returns null!! %>

I have tried the above codes. Session variable is returning null in the second page. Can anyone tell me where is the problem?

Hi all, I am developing a WAP application using jsp. I want to set and retrieve session variables using jsp.
chooseques.jsp <%@ page contentType="text/vnd.wap.wml" %><%@page language="java" import="java.sql.*" %>...session.setAttribute( "sess_count", count );System.out.println("sess_count="+session.getAttribute("sess_count"));// This displays the sess_count correctly %>displayques.jsp<%@ page contentType="text/vnd.wap.wml" %><%@page language="java" import="java.sql.*" %><% ...String count =(String)session.getAttribute("sess_count");//I'm retriving the session variable but it returns null!! %>

I have tried the above codes. Session variable is returning null in the second page. Can anyone tell me where is the problem?

Try adding the following attribute:
session="true"

To one of the page directive in both JSPs.It should then look like this:

<%@page language="java" import="java.sql.*" session="true" %>

Hope that helps.

Archived