Add Shadow To Container

son

Have build a web page which has a container with a very light background. The body itself is white. To make the container stand out a bit better I added a border, which is a bit to harsh. I wondered how you would go ahead to add some sort of light shadow to container?Son

its not a true shadow, but you may be able to something close with just adjusting the width and colors of each border side

<div style="border-top: 1px lightgrey solid;border-left:1px solid lightgrey;border-right:2px solid black;border-bottom:2px solid black">This is a div</div>

its not a true shadow, but you may be able to something close with just adjusting the width and colors of each border side
<div style="border-top: 1px lightgrey solid;border-left:1px solid lightgrey;border-right:2px solid black;border-bottom:2px solid black">This is a div</div>

Thanks. This is what I tried before, but it still seems a bit harsh for the web page I designed. I have seen some websites in the past (wish I would remember now where) that used some sort of bg image that looked like a shadow. Not sure how I would do that...Son

heres a true shadow using CSS

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"><html>	<body>		<div style="position:relative;height:200px;width:200px;background-color:white;border:1px solid black;z-index:2"></div>		<div style="position:relative;height:200px;width:200px;background-color:gainsboro;left:6px;top:-195px;z-index:1"></div>	</body></html>

heres a true shadow using CSS
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"><html>	<body>		<div style="position:relative;height:200px;width:200px;background-color:white;border:1px solid black;z-index:2"></div>		<div style="position:relative;height:200px;width:200px;background-color:gainsboro;left:6px;top:-195px;z-index:1"></div>	</body></html>

Thanks a lot for your code. This one is great!Cheers,Son

Archived