A CHALLENGE - closing windows... easy eh?

dominussui.kentan

hi,i've asked several colleagues already about a script i need to properly implement a project for an intranet deployment in a non-government organization. as a project manager, i want to give them the best of everything (of course with cost-factor addressed) especially that their work serves more than themselves. anyhow, nuff of that. what we need is a code that integrates with html, preferrably javascript, that will CLOSE ALL IE BROWSERS that are opened. this javascript will be written on a "log-out" page that they must view before entirely quitting their session using the internet. these browsers have no relation to each other (not a parent-child window) but are simply opened by the user.just need immediate help on this, because the caching abilities of the browsers are posing vulnerabilities to our single-sign-on solution. thanks.

no possible without a customized Active X solution. There is something already out there that does the opposite - IntraLaunch. You might be able to contact them to see if they can come up with a solution. But each browser instance is exclusive from the other, especially in the case of IE. Without closing the browser window there is no way to ensure the user is logged out. I've had similar situations when trying to code for single sign on sites in the past. If the user doesn't close all browsers when they are done - there is nothing you can do. Those browser windows cannot be identified by any script frm another window if they are open from anything other than a specifically coded link.This issue boils down to user education and communicating the importance of using the "log out" feature of a site.