Downloading From Database

robyngae

I want to be able to show contents of a table and allow someone to download it. I have a code that shows the contents and another that lists the name for download but wish to combine these together and keep getting errors.The second problem is that when I download using script3 it is empty.Script 1 to display contents which works.<?phpinclude "opendb.php";$sql = "Select * From Assessments";$recordSet = mysql_query($sql, $conn);?><h1 align="center">Assessments</h1><table align= "center" width= "90%" border="0"><tr> <td width="30%"> <h3><strong>Name</strong></h3></td> <td width="70%"> <h3>Due Date</h3></td> </tr><?php while ($record = mysql_fetch_array($recordSet)) { echo "<tr> <td> $record[name] </td> <td> $record[Due_Date] </td> </tr>"; } mysql_close($conn);?></table>.........................Script 2 displays the name of the file only and links to download script, as you can see I have tried to incorporate with #1<?phpinclude "opendb.php";$query = "SELECT * FROM Assessments";$result = mysql_query($query);$name = 'name';$Due_Date = 'Due Date';while($record = mysql_fetch_array($result, MYSQL_ASSOC)){ echo "<li> {$record['name']['Due Date'] } <a href=download.php?id={$record['id']}> {$record['name']} </a> </li>";}include "closedb.php";?>...........................Script 3 downloads an empty file<?phpif(isset($_GET['id'])) {include 'opendb.php'; //get the file with the id from database $id = $_GET['id'];$query = "SELECT name,type,size FROM Assessments WHERE id = $id"; $result = mysql_query($query) or die('Error, query failed'); list($id, $name, $type, $size, ) = mysql_fetch_array($result); header("Content-length: $size"); header("Content-type: $type"); header("Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=$name"); echo $content; mysql_close($conn); exit;}?>If anyone could help it would be appreciated, I have been tearing my hair out.Robyn

You never assign anything to $content. Also, you have a syntax error on this line: list($id, $name, $type, $size, ) = mysql_fetch_array($result);

You never assign anything to $content. Also, you have a syntax error on this line: list($id, $name, $type, $size, ) = mysql_fetch_array($result);
Thank you Synook I have script 3 and it is now downloading, I still have the problem of trying to add a download link to script 1 or the fields from 1 to script 2Robyn

Thank you Synook I have script 3 and it is now downloading, I still have the problem of trying to add a download link to script 1 or the fields from 1 to script 2Robyn
I am over the moon, with much trial and error I have them combined so no longer need any help, on this one at least.Robyn

Archived