External Javascript

natasha23

i am trying to link an array from an external javascript file to be displayed in a drop down box this is my code:

<script type="text/javascript"><!--hide from no-script browsers  document.write(message1);  document.write('<select name="Title" size="1" >');  for (i=0; i<titles.length; i++)  {	 document.write('<option value=' +titles[i]+ '>' +titles[i]+ '</option>');  }  document.write('</select>');// hidden scripts above --></script>

im not sure why it isnt working for some reason the external javascript file is not populating the drop down box.if anyone could help that would be greatthanks in advance

i am trying to link an array from an external javascript file to be displayed in a drop down box this is my code:
<script type="text/javascript"><!--hide from no-script browsers  document.write(message1);  document.write('<select name="Title" size="1" >');  for (i=0; i<titles.length; i++)  {	 document.write('<option value=' +titles[i]+ '>' +titles[i]+ '</option>');  }  document.write('</select>');// hidden scripts above --></script>

im not sure why it isnt working for some reason the external javascript file is not populating the drop down box.if anyone could help that would be greatthanks in advance

If you are useing IE first try looking at the bottom of the window to see if you are not getting an error, if you see the error icon just click it,Some times simple mistakes like could not find file, worng location, or line error will tell you where it haulted.2nd make sure you are not trying to document.write it before you set the varlike so<script type="text/javascript" src="externaljsfilename.js"></script><script type="text/javascript"><!--hide from no-script browsers document.write(message1); document.write('<select name="Title" size="1" >'); for (i=0; i<titles.length; i++) { document.write('<option value=' +titles+ '>' +titles+ '</option>'); } document.write('</select>');// hidden scripts above --></script>but in that external script you need to:-----example----externaljsfilename.js------------<!--var message1="Welcome back";// -->---------------endofjs----------------what ever you wish to name your varibles make sure they are named before you try to telljs to write them.If that is not the case I think you are trying to code this FIXIT???? document.write('<option value=' +titles+ '>' + message1 + '</option>');

Archived