Regular Expression Apostrophe Problem in .NET

kwilliams

I'm new to using Regular Expressions, but I'm trying to use them for form validation. Everything's going fine so far, except for names that contain an apostrophe (i.e. O'Dell).This article http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default....paght000001.asp, states that this code:Regex.IsMatch(fname_form, "^[a-zA-Z'.\s]{1,40}$")"...constrains an input name field to alphabetic characters (lowercase and uppercase), space characters, the single quotation mark (or apostrophe) for names such as O'Dell, and the period or dot character. In addition, the field length is constrained to 40 characters.".But I'm getting this error when attempting to enter a name with an apostrophe:Expected token 'eof' found 'NAME'. 'o'-->dell<--'Huh? If anyone can let me know what I'm doing wrong, that would be great. Thanks.

I decided that it would be smart to replace any apostrophe's with a question mark anyway for future use, so I just added a replace function like this:lname_form = lname_form.replace("'","?")...and I'll then change it back when displaying the data on a web page or email. Now I'm good-to-go. Thanks:)