Ok On Firefox, Failing On Ie - Please Help

Tim Grollman

Hi,I have designed a puzzle (real world) which I am planning to promote using a new website. One of the screens is a representation of the puzzle, which involves turning wheels around an axle under certain constraints. The screen is mostly javascript, and while it works perfectly in Firefox and Safari, it won't work in Internet Explorer, and I can't work out why. Rather than give a bunch of code here, I would invite you to have a look at the web page referenced here, in both Firefox and IE, and see if the reason for the fault is something familiar.http://rolloworks.co.uk/playscreens/creamtea/testpage.htmlThe accompanying picture is a different design of the real thing on my garden wall.When you click above or below one of the red or blue pins, the bar pushes round one or more of the wheels by one cell. They will leave the top and come on again at the bottom, and vice versa. The idea is to line up cells with the same pattern, eg six strawberries. The wheel on the left does not move and is used as the reference position to line up against. It looks easier than it is. Ignore the broken links. I think the problem may be that IE doesn't like set(Timeout) because that is where it is stopping, after one quarter of a turn of the first wheel. If anybody looks at the site and comes back here with an offer of help I will gladly explain my byzantine code structure. This is my first go at javascript, or html come to that, and it will be lacking in elegance, I know.Enjoy the game, Tim

Archived