Random Password Generation

divyac

I want to generate password randomly and send to mysql database using PHP..i have got the following function for generating password but doesn't know how to incorporate in my registration form and where to call that function and update password field in database..please help me..

function generatePassword ( $length = 8 ) {	// start with a blank password	$password = “”;	// define possible characters	$possible = “0123456789abcdefghijkmnpqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHJKLMNPQRSTUVWXYZ!@#$%^&*”;	// set up a counter	$i = 0;	// add random characters to $password until $length is reached	while ($i < $length) {	// pick a random character from the possible ones	$char = substr($possible, mt_rand(0, strlen($possible)-1), 1);	// we don’t want this character if it’s already in the password	if (!strstr($password, $char)) {	$password .= $char;	$i++;	}	}	// done!	return $password;	}

where should i call this function generatePassword????

Where are you inserting the new user into the database?

Where are you inserting the new user into the database?
hey thanks for ur effort...i have written that function in other php file and included it in the current registration file as follows:$pw=generatePassword(8);and inserted $pw in against the password field...its working cool :)

Archived