publishing problem

fosiul

Hi experts,i am in serious problem thats why i came here to get some help, pls help me find out problem.I am quite new in vb.net ,i can make simple web page(asp.net) by using vb.net . Problem is when i am trying to upload it at my web server, fosiul.co.uk, and when i am trying to visit my page then its giving me problemwhen i am making web page by simple Note pade or dream wearver and giving name like test.aspx then its runnning, example : http://www.fosiul.co.uk/w3/test.aspxBut problme is when i am making web page by using vb.net ,and after upload , when i am trying to visit web page then its giving me error message : http://www.fosiul.co.uk/fosiul/webform1.aspxNow Can any one tell me, to publish web page at web server(fosiul.co.uk) after making vb.net do i need to do anything ?? Do i need to modify any file to use web page at web server ? like 1.web.confi /any dll. or there are any rule that i have to follow to publish my web page after making by vb.net ?? Please give me any solution Regards Fosiul

This error is happening because the folder you are placing your application in is not configured as an Application just as the error says.The reason your other example worked is becuase you were doing inline coding, but this one is using compiled code which requires application status.If this is a hosting account you will need to contact your hosting company and ask them to fix it or if it is your server you need to go into IIS and do the configuration.If your host cannot help you (they are no good if they can't) then you could try opening the web.config file and changing the authentication mode. If you did this app in visual studio then the other authenication modes available will be written in hte comments.Hope this helps