Xml And Cookies

enos

Hi everybody,i'm developing a simple application entirely based on xml.I use eXist xml-based db and, in a few words, that's what i'm working on: I have some xml files that are transformed using xquery into other xml files, formatted in html using xsl and css.Now i would use the cookies to manage the user's sessions: do i need something like php/asp/jsp or am i able to do the same using the instruments that i'm already using?Thank you all.

Hi everybody,i'm developing a simple application entirely based on xml.I use eXist xml-based db and, in a few words, that's what i'm working on: I have some xml files that are transformed using xquery into other xml files, formatted in html using xsl and css.Now i would use the cookies to manage the user's sessions: do i need something like php/asp/jsp or am i able to do the same using the instruments that i'm already using?Thank you all.
You'll need a server side scripting language like the ones you mentioned. No way around it. Keep in mind that you can do the XSLT processing in PHP, which may be a good or bad thing, depending on your situation and goals.

Hi,i found the way.eXist has a lot of modules that are very helpful for many goals. In this case i used:

import module namespace response="http://exist-db.org/xquery/response";request:get-cookie-value($name)response:set-cookie($cookiename, $cookievalue, $maxAge)

Archived