Php Filter Help

jbsmith

Hello,I am trying to run filter_var and receive the error about "Call to undefined function: filter_var". A search on google tells me I need to install some type of filter extension. I see that it is automatically installed with version 5 of php but I am running a shared hosting which is using version 4. Is this a setting in the ini file or do I need to have the host change something for me? I saw something about PECL Filter, but I am not sure that I would be able to do that since its a GoDaddy shared hosting.Thanks!

You'll have to either use PHP5 somewhow and/or ask GoDaddy to install the filter extension. You can't simply enable extensions on a shared hosting.Alternatively, you could simply try validating your data without the filter extension, but by other means.

In my godaddy hosting CP it looks like I can switch between version 4 and 5. I am just not sure if my app will work with 5 and if it doesn't if i can switch back to v4.I guess i need to install locally v5 to test. However I can't mirror godaddy exactly...

Note that having PHP5 doesn't guarantee that the Filter extension is installed and enabled. You'll have to switch to PHP5 at some point, and see if GoDaddy has it by using phpinfo().

Archived