Index.php?main_page=page2

edgaralex

first of all this is my first time posting on a fourm so if i get it wrong please advise me thank you.i uder stand line 1 that is to place index.php in left main frame , i know the 2nd line tell to load page_2 to right main frame but it doesnt i feel that it cant find page _2, it doesent know were it is, so what is line is telling me? what is it want to do ? i ty looking in some book but i guesse i dont know were to start. thank you again index.php?main_page=page_21 <frame src="index.php" name="leftMainFrame" id="leftMainFrame" title="leftMainFrame" /> 2 <frame src="index.php?main_page=page_2" name="rightMainFrame" title="rightMainFrame" noresize="noresize" id="rightMainFrame" scrolling="auto" />

A query string that looks like that is used to pass information to a server script. Have a look at the PHP tutorials to learn more.The stuff after the question mark is passing a script on the page a variable (main_page) with a value (page2). The script will use this information in some way - perhaps to make a database query with the correct limit. Imagine a forum, for example: if you only want to display the last 10 new posts per page, then if you find out you're on the third page, you can work out what results you should be displaying. That way you can re-use the same page layout but, using a database, create websites with effectively infinite pages.

A query string that looks like that is used to pass information to a server script. Have a look at the PHP tutorials to learn more.The stuff after the question mark is passing a script on the page a variable (main_page) with a value (page2). The script will use this information in some way - perhaps to make a database query with the correct limit. Imagine a forum, for example: if you only want to display the last 10 new posts per page, then if you find out you're on the third page, you can work out what results you should be displaying. That way you can re-use the same page layout but, using a database, create websites with effectively infinite pages.
thanks i go and read some more

Archived