Iframes, Frames, Css...wtf They All Don't Work

Randy_of_Neuron

Alright. In a nutshell we are trying to convert over a legacy site built with <frameset> and <frames> Here is the link to it. Neuron Games The problem I am trying to fix is this.1. I want the user to be able to bookmark the content page (I will handle detecting frames and all that and reloading, I just want the page bookmarked)2. The menu system is made of communicating Flash pieces, (Main menu - left, Sub menu - top) I DO NOT want them to reload each time the user goes to another page. Play with the site and you will see clearly why we want the animated flash to work as it does now.I looked up iFrames and that seems like it will do #2, but when the user bookmarks the page they will still get the first page and not the content page. I looked into CSS, and that simple will reload the whole damn thing each time which completely destroys the Flash menu illusion we built. Currently the only solution I see is to leave it as frames, or iframes and put a bookmark link on each page, which is cludgey IMOP, nobody uses those.Any ideas, Thanks in advance.

What about AJAX? You can use the hash section of the URL to keep track of which page is loaded, so people can bookmark it.Edit: remember, CSS is simply a language for presenting markup.

Archived