Help Loading In Xml- Ie8 Error

Gazow

so im running the following at the top of my javascript filevar xmlDoc;xmlDoc=new window.XMLHttpRequest();xmlDoc.open("GET","books.xml",false);xmlDoc.send("");var urls = new Array();var descrip = new Array(); var urlSize=xmlDoc.getElementsByTagName("image"); for(i=0; i<urlSize.length; i++){ urls = ""+urlSize.getElementsByTagName("itemLargeImage")[0].childNodes[0].nodeValue; descrip = ""+urlSize.getElementsByTagName("itemCaption")[0].childNodes[0].nodeValue; }----trying to create a custom picasa template/html galleryi cant get it to load properly in IE8. -i dont really care for anything under 8 as ive already handeled thatelsewhere.why i cant get past, is the linexmlDoc.open("GET","books.xml",false);seems to break IE8 somehow?am i doing this right?

To actually get the response, you need to use the responseXML property.I suggest you replace

var xmlDoc;xmlDoc=new window.XMLHttpRequest();xmlDoc.open("GET","books.xml",false);xmlDoc.send("");

with

var xhr=new XMLHttpRequest();xhr.open("GET","books.xml",false);xhr.send("");var xmlDoc=xhr.responseXML;

To actually get the response, you need to use the responseXML property.I suggest you replace
var xmlDoc;xmlDoc=new window.XMLHttpRequest();xmlDoc.open("GET","books.xml",false);xmlDoc.send("");

with

var xhr=new XMLHttpRequest();xhr.open("GET","books.xml",false);xhr.send("");var xmlDoc=xhr.responseXML;

hey thanks for the quick reply, had been googling it for a while, saved me a bunch of timealso does anyone know where i can find a tutorial on how to make a custom picasa web template

Archived