Checking names on a dbase in external entity

Guest sinsabit

Guest sinsabit

Hi,I am trying to build a user form that takes a suggested company name (submitted by the user), then compares that name against the database at Companies house (UK company registration body) and returns to either carry on into a further series of forms if the name has not yet been registered on the database (ie, it is still free), or tell the user to try again.I have noticed with other company formation agents are using a file that ends .qmd which seems very standard and very popular, but being new to javascript i am not sure how to pull a file like this into my shopping cart scripts(oscommerce)Any ideas?Thanks

That file extension is for Quicken accounting software. It is just a exported data file.If that file is on the clients pc when they run your app you could provide <input type="file" id="something"/> for them to browse their harddrive and load the file for the javascript to process.But you cannot compare it to a database with Javascript you will need a server-side scripting lanaguage like asp, php to do that...also if the .qmd file is on the server JavaScript won't be able to access it.