Switch Only Retuning Defaults

garyblackpool

Hi this is probably yet another silly question but why is this only returning default

<?print verse($bodypart);function verse() {switch ($bodypart) {	case 1:	$bodypart = "right hand";break;	case 2:	$bodypart = "left foot";break;case 3:	$bodypart = "left hand";break;case 3:	$bodypart = "right foot";break;default:	$bodypart = "ran out";}$output =<<<HEREHey! My name is Jo<br>And I work in a button factory<br>I have a husband, three kids, and a family.<br>One day my boss came up to me.<br>He said "Jo, are you busy?"<br>I said,"No"<br>He said to "push this button with your $bodypart"<br>HERE;return $output;}?>

Because you forgot to include $bodypart as a parameter in the verse() definition.
Hi I changed the it to this and now its working thanks.
<?print verse(1);print verse(2);print verse(3);print verse(4);print verse(5);print verse();function verse($bodypart) {switch ($bodypart) {	case 1:	$bodypart = "right hand";break;	case 2:	$bodypart = "left foot";break;case 3:	$bodypart = "left hand";break;case 4:	$bodypart = "right foot";break;case 5:	$bodypart = "stop pushing them buttons";break;default:	$bodypart = "ran out";}$output =<<<HEREHey! My name is Jo<br>And I work in a button factory<br>I have a wife, three kids, and a family.<br>One day my boss came up to me.<br>He said "Jo, are you busy?"<br>I said,"No"<br>He said to "push this button with your $bodypart"<br>I said hey okay<br> <br>HERE;return $output;}?>

Gonna try and work on this a bit more thank.

Archived