XSD to XML, but using XSL/T

CGM

Is it possible to generate and XML Instance from an XSD file using only a XSL/T file. Does such an XSL exist. How dow all the vendors do it, programatically I guess. I want to be able to to it on the fly, using only an XSL/T that I can extend.In any case, let me know what you think.Thanks ahead,CGM

I haven't tryed doing such things, but even if you could create such kind of code, you'll still need a server side script (or something) to execute the whole thing. You can't actually get the output without executing the code. Using XSLT can only visualize the things you want.

I have attempted this, and so far have been quite succesful, as long as all the types (like complexType's, etc) are in the same XSD. As soon as I try and generate and instance of a complexType that is being referenced in another XSD file that has been "included", that is where I get stuck. I can't seem to figure out how to go "drill" down complexTypes in other referenced ("included"/"imported") XSD files.

What if you make a separate stylesheet for the included XSD and include the corresponding XSLT when XSD is included?