Some more fun with for-each

dooberry

:) I'm a bit bemused (see above!!).I'm trying to restrict a <for-each> element based on the value a user enters in a particular node.I've tried the following:
<xsl:template match="selectfilter" ><xsl:variable name="var1" select="elementpath" /><select name="filteredselect" ><xsl:for-each select="filterselection[filterelement={$var1}]"><option><xsl:value-of select="element" /></option></xsl:for-each></select></xsl:template>

I keep getting an error because of the variable reference, if someone could tell me where I'm being a little bit *naff* :) I'd appreciate it.Dooberry scented eau de toilette.

The longest journey begins with a single step - or you could just sit on your a**e and watch TV with some beers

I fixed it:I had to get rid of the braces {} around the variable in the filter condition.I also made an explicit reference to the document containing the value I needed to filter on so it ended up something like this:

<xsl:variable name="var1" select="Document('userdata.xml')//root/element" /><select id="dropdownbox">  <xsl:for-each select="Document('listoptions.xml')//root/optionelement[filterelement=$var1]">    <option>      <xsl:attribute name="value">        <xsl:value-of select="optionvalueelement" />      </xsl:attribute>      <xsl:value-of select="descriptionelement" />    </option>  </xsl:for-each></select>

This allowed me to use one file as a set of options for a select control and another file to control which of the options appeared, based on what the user had already entered. :) I'm nearly ready to start scripting this to write back to a database now so thanks to everyone who has helped with these posts. I hope any code I've submitted has been useful - feel free to give me any feedback.As we say in the West Midlands "Taraah a bit bab!!"Dooberry.