Can't Get Javascript Gallery To Work On My Website! Please Help ...

reflex84

Hi,I was surfing the net and I'm often looking to improve my website - make it more functional etc.Anyway ... I found this site: http://devkick.com/lab/galleria/ I found that site and they offer Javascript and code for an image gallery setup.Now of course I follow the directions and what they say but I can't get the gallery right. They make it sound MUCH easier than it is ... like I honestly don't know what I'm doing! lol ... but i want to get this right - I'm determined.Please have a look at that website and revert back to this email so you know where I am going ...They say:

* 1. Download the latest jQuery release * 2. Download the Galleria plugin and the galleria.css file.
I did this and I put these files in my websites folder - which I assume is correct!
* 3. Add the following lines inside your <head>:
<link href="galleria.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen"> <script type="text/javascript" src="jquery.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="jquery.galleria.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> jQuery(function($) { $('ul.gallery').galleria(); }); </script>

I added the code above in my header - like they said!

* 4. Create an unordered list of images and give it an identifier (in this case class='gallery')
What do they mean Identifier .. an ID tag I assume ... If so, must this ID tag go around all images INSERT > LAYOUT OBJECTS > DIV TAG .... I only call the fill in "gallery" in the ID section?
* 5. Style your gallery using CSS. Galleria has a default style that you can easily override and modify.
You see, I clicked on
* Galleria demo 1 (advanced)
and when the demo opened up - I saved the complete webpage on my computer so that all I had to do is open the saved page up on dreamweaver and save it in my website folder that I want the gallery to be in.And of course, when I try to edit it for my own images ... it gives me double enlarged photo's when I click on a thumb!Basically I am a mess when it comes to scripting - I'm more of a graphic designer and i'm finding it difficult to edit javascript and coding. (Its like maths - and I was never good at maths!!)Lets say you wanted the gallery in your website ... please could you tell me the steps you would take to applying this gallery in your website.(like you would download those file, do you have to rename them? ... within the javascript files, what would you edit? .... what exactly must go in the header? ... etc etc - sorry if this is asking for alot!I'm probably missing 1 or 2 steps, maybe a lot more!I just need detailed guidance to getting this right as it seems i'm a bit of a "dummy" at it!I would appreciate you help guys - thank you in advance!!!Dee

Hey Dee,Care to give us the link to your page to check? I'd like to help you out if I can but first I'd like to do some checks as to how you have it setup.If you are not comfortable with posting the link on the forum for everyone to see you can send me a PM and I'll try to help you work this one out. Be just a bit later in the afternoon to get back to you though as I'll be heading into campus for an interview.

What do they mean Identifier .. an ID tag I assume ... If so, must this ID tag go around all images INSERT > LAYOUT OBJECTS > DIV TAG .... I only call the fill in "gallery" in the ID section?
just like they said..<ul class="gallery">...</ul>as for the rest, did you do what they said? You make an ul, make each li have an img in it, and then style it. It looks like you're already using their styles though (galleria.css). I don't think you would want to be saving their entire page and using that though, or else they probably would have said that. Just follow the instructions, they seem pretty straightforward, it appears the only modifications you would really have to make are to the CSS styles so that you can make them look like what you want.

Archived