Using Float Disables My Form

ls206

Hi,Sorry if this has been answered many times, I had a search but did not find an answer.My problem is that once I position my form using float, I can no longer input any data or submit the form. It becomes disabled.Here's my html

<div id="qLogin">   <form method="post" action="" name="login" id="qForm">	  <label>email:</label>	  <input type="text" name="email" size="20" class="qForm" /><br />	  <label>password:</label>	  <input type="password" name="password" size="20" class="qForm" /><br />	  <input type="submit" value="login" class="qForm" />   </form></div>

and the CSS is simply

#qLogin {	  float:right;}

I think I have made a silly mistake somewhere but I can't find it.

If you put only the code you showed us in your post into a small document, you will see that the form operates as expected.Something else must be going on.Float and other positioning techniques can surprise you. It is possible that another element with a transparent/undefined background is positioned in front of your form. Try investigating that. One way to find out might be to give your form an outrageously high z-index, like 1000 or something. That should position it in front of anything else not also defined with a high z-index. That's probably not a solution, but a good diagnostic.

!!!Thanks!I think I have a transparent image on top, I completely forgot about that.I will see if that's the problem although I think it definitely is.Thanks again. silly me.Edit:Ook....looks like that wasn't it...I'll keep on it :)

Archived