Puzzling Me..why Does One Value Display In Output, And Other Doesn't?

Guest jenny_newby

Guest jenny_newby

Hi,I'm pretty unexperienced writing any code, I just learned a little XML, HTML, XSLT and CSS. The W3school tutorials have been very instructive, but this keeps puzzling me, hope someone can help :)Why does the value of the attribute "genre_boek" does display when I load the XML in a browser, and the values of the attributes "aantal_pag", "afmetingen" and "geillustreerd" don't? And... how can I display those values?Thanks for thinking with me!JennyThis is the XSLT I'm working with:

<?xml version='1.0' ?><?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="test.xsl"?>                        <collectie>    	<boek genre_boek="kinderboek" drager="papier" bindwijze= "gebonden">		<maker_boek>						<auteur>Ahlberg, Janet</auteur>			<illustrator>Ahlberg, Allan</illustrator>						<vertaler>Altena, Ernst</vertaler>		</maker_boek>		<titels>			<titel>De puike postbode</titel>			<originele_titel>The jolly postman</originele_titel>			<ondertitel>of: briefgeheimpjes</ondertitel>		</titels>		<uitgever>J.H. Gottmer</uitgever>		<jaar>1987</jaar>		<collatie aant_pag="24" afmetingen="25" geillustreerd="ill."/>		<ISBN>9025720552</ISBN>	</boek>	<boek genre_boek="kinderboek" drager="papier" bindwijze= "gebonden">		<maker_boek>			<auteur>Ende, Michael</auteur>			<illustrator>Quadflieg, Roswith</illustrator>			<vertaler>Nieuwenhuizen, Johan van</vertaler>		</maker_boek>		<titels>			<titel>Het oneindige verhaal</titel>					<originele_titel>Die unendliche Geschichte</originele_titel>					</titels>		<uitgever>A.W. Sijthoff's Uitgeversmaatschappij</uitgever>		<jaar>1982</jaar>		<collatie aant_pag="391" afmetingen="23" geillustreerd="ill."/>		<ISBN>9021828235</ISBN>		</boek>	<boek genre_boek="kinderboek" drager="papier" bindwijze= "gebonden">		<maker_boek>			<auteur>Shriver, Lionel</auteur>					</maker_boek>		<titels>		<titel>We need to talk about Kevin</titel>		</titels>		<uitgever>Counterpoint, member of the Perseus Books Group</uitgever>		<jaar>2003</jaar>		<collatie aant_pag="416" afmetingen="17" geillustreerd=""/>		<ISBN>9021828235</ISBN>		</boek></collectie>

And this is the XML file:

<?xml version='1.0' ?><?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="test.xsl"?>                        <collectie>    	<boek genre_boek="kinderboek" drager="papier" bindwijze= "gebonden">		<maker_boek>						<auteur>Ahlberg, Janet</auteur>			<illustrator>Ahlberg, Allan</illustrator>						<vertaler>Altena, Ernst</vertaler>		</maker_boek>		<titels>			<titel>De puike postbode</titel>			<originele_titel>The jolly postman</originele_titel>			<ondertitel>of: briefgeheimpjes</ondertitel>		</titels>		<uitgever>J.H. Gottmer</uitgever>		<jaar>1987</jaar>		<collatie aant_pag="24" afmetingen="25" geillustreerd="ill."/>		<ISBN>9025720552</ISBN>	</boek>	<boek genre_boek="kinderboek" drager="papier" bindwijze= "gebonden">		<maker_boek>			<auteur>Ende, Michael</auteur>			<illustrator>Quadflieg, Roswith</illustrator>			<vertaler>Nieuwenhuizen, Johan van</vertaler>		</maker_boek>		<titels>			<titel>Het oneindige verhaal</titel>					<originele_titel>Die unendliche Geschichte</originele_titel>					</titels>		<uitgever>A.W. Sijthoff's Uitgeversmaatschappij</uitgever>		<jaar>1982</jaar>		<collatie aant_pag="391" afmetingen="23" geillustreerd="ill."/>		<ISBN>9021828235</ISBN>		</boek>	<boek genre_boek="kinderboek" drager="papier" bindwijze= "gebonden">		<maker_boek>			<auteur>Shriver, Lionel</auteur>					</maker_boek>		<titels>		<titel>We need to talk about Kevin</titel>		</titels>		<uitgever>Counterpoint, member of the Perseus Books Group</uitgever>		<jaar>2003</jaar>		<collatie aant_pag="416" afmetingen="17" geillustreerd=""/>		<ISBN>9021828235</ISBN>		</boek></collectie>

You haven't showed your XSLT file... it seems you've incorrectly copy&pasted the XML twice.

Archived