Iframe Width In Opera

Lucas_Tiridath

Hi,I am using iframes to add a generic header to my webpages. As all the iframe's are centered, the important thing is getting the iframe nice and wide so that there are no scroll bars and nothing goes onto a second line because it runs out of space. In css, I have therefore set the width to 800px, that being considerably wider than anything else in the frame. This works fine in IE, Motzilla, Chrome, Netscape and Safari but in Opera, the width property seems to be ignored. Any thoughts on why this might be and what I can do about it would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance,Laurie

1. It would be easier to answer if you posted the relevant HTML and CSS.2. If your server gives you access to PHP, we could teach you a much simpler way to accomplish the same task. All it requires is one line of code, which would replace your iFrame tags. It looks like this:<?php include 'header.php' ?>header.php would a slenderized version of the file you currently load into your iFrame, since you would only need the code for the actual header. You would NOT need all those <html>, <header>, <meta> and <body> tags that clutter things up. Include is more like "copy and paste" than "window in a window."

Hi,Thanks for the php tip. I'm not sure my server supports php though, I will have to look into it.As for the code, this is the relevant css:

iframe	{	width:800;	height:250;	border-style:none;	}

And this is the line of HTML:

<iframe src="header.asp" > </iframe>

The only other place where I set the width is here in the css:

table	{	border-style:none;	width:520;	padding:0;	margin:0;	}

However my iframes are not placed within tables.Thanks once again,Laurie

Archived