Sql Reminder

Mencarta

Just a friendly reminder here. If you are making a login system make sure you use: mysql_real_escape_string. This adds a '\' to characters like: ' and ". This prevents people like me from doing this on your password form: ' or 1=1. This closes off the password string and inserts a statement called "OR 1=1". If that happens it will satify the condition because 1 always equals 1. It could also be used to delete your database. Just a friendly reminder. Keep your code secure. :)

Normally, I'd delete a topic like that, and tell the person to go and write this stuff on their site, but in this case... I'm afraid Mencarta has a point, in that even though all of the advanced users in this forum know to use mysql_real_escape_string(), they know so because of the PHP manual, and not the W3Schools' tutorial.I'm moving this topic into the suggestions forum, as an illustration for the W3Schools team that the PHP tutorial needs a note on using mysql_real_escape_string(), as this is indeed important.

You're human ! :)My apologies. Though I have seen SPAM that looks like this before.. Idea being somebody posts on a forum about something somewhat related as to not get classed as SPAM, with a back link to their/some website in their signature.

Archived