How Would You Make Your Website Appear Without Browser Toolbars/clutter?

Aspyred

Hey guys,Brief intro, I'm making a quick little form for my work, which will make a certain note taking job a little easier for myself, and perhaps some co-workers as well.So, I have my little form with some Javascript, but I'm looking to make this tool as minimal as needed, as often we have other programs that we need to use on our screens as well. Essentially, for my tool to be of any use, it has to take up as little screen space as possible.What I've figured out so far is that I can make my .html document and have a link in the middle to open up a pop-up where the tool itself is actually held. With a pop-up, extraneous browser clutter is gone, and more of the form can present itself without taking valuable screen real estate.My question is: Can I make a website do this by default, without requiring a user to click on a link to open up a pop-up to do this for me? And say this is the only way to do it, what characteristics for programming the pop-up would I need to incorporate to make even this as minimal as possible (ie. removing title bar, etc.)?Thanks so much guys for any input.Just FYI, the ideal form (and one I hope to have done eventually...at some point), and this is just my grand imagination talking here, is to have a my form/tool open up automatially, and using Javascript, determine the screen resolution of a user's screen, automatically position itself to the bottom edge of the screen, maximizing its width to the user's monitor, to a fixed position above the bottom of their screen.That would be sweet. But this rambling. Thanks for reading.

You can use an onload event. As far as toolbars and address bars and such you supply that information with the window.open command.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.onload = popupTool;function popupTool() {var location = //path to html file;var name = "Tool";var properties = "status=no, location=no, height=100, width=200";window.open(location, name, properties);}

Here's a link to the window.open method where it explains all the properties you can pass to the method:http://w3schools.com/jsref/met_win_open.aspNot all browsers will allow you to change every property, though.

You can use an onload event. As far as toolbars and address bars and such you supply that information with the window.open command.
<script type='text/javascript'>window.onload = popupTool;function popupTool() {var location = //path to html file;var name = "Tool";var properties = "status=no, location=no, height=100, width=200";window.open(location, name, properties);}

Here's a link to the window.open method where it explains all the properties you can pass to the method:http://w3schools.com/jsref/met_win_open.aspNot all browsers will allow you to change every property, though.

Thanks jkloth! Appreciate it, I will work that in and let you all know how it goes. :)

Archived