Background Images

jgallaway81

In my site (http://www.anarr.com) I am using a graphical frame based on the LCARS design from Star Trek TNG/DS9/VOY. Currently, I have the entire page as one BIG table.The top horizontal bar is created by specifying a background image for the cell which is specified to take up 100% of the screen.The left side vertical panel is created by also specifying a background image for the cell which is specified to take up 100% of the vertical screen space.To keep the top row and the left column at the right size, the top-left cell is filled with a regular image of the corner piece, and the logo uses CSS positioning to put it over top of that corner image.Now, as I start the conversion of the site to XHTML & CSS, I'm going to start by just rewriting all the code completely. Rather than using a table as I have done, is it possible to specify a background image to repeat horizontally, and a DIFFERENT image to repeat vertically? If I can get the horizontal and vertical bars placed, I can then use CSS positioning to place the corner and logo images, creating the same background design while abandoning the table formatting.Since my navigation menu is contained in a single file which is then php included in all my pages, I have no problem editing one page to change the menu on all my pages.

You can't specify two background images for a single element (yet). You could just place another element within the first one and give that the second background image.

Archived