Ie / Firefox Positioning Hacks

Darwyn

I'm having a ###### of a time trying to get my top and bottom navigation lists to appear consistent between Firefox and IE. Please help!I still have much to fix on this, so please just concentrate on the top and bottom navigation...Visit My WebsiteThe top nav (Home, History, Contact Us, Links, Brands) should look fine in Firefox. But if you view the same url in IE, that top nav is pushed up a few pixels. Why is that?! It's maddening and I cannot figure it out!The nav is currently aboslutely positioned 66px from the top. I've also tried using margins and padding to achieve a consistent position but to no avail.You should be able to View > Page Source to grab full code (the CSS is included) but the relevant code is here:The HTML

<div id="header_nav">	<ul class="main_nav">		<li><a href"#">Home</a></li>		<li><a href"#">History</a></li>		<li><a href"#">Contact Us</a></li>		<li><a href"#">Links</a></li>		<li><a href"#">Brands</a></li>	</ul>					</div>

The CSS

#header {	background-image:url(JomarGroup/images/bkgd_tile.gif);	background-repeat:repeat-x;	height:100px;}#header_content {	background-image:url(JomarGroup/images/bkgd_header.gif);	z-index:1;	height:100px;	background-repeat:no-repeat;	background-position:center;	position:relative;	margin-left:auto;	margin-right:auto;	width:610px;}#header_links {	position:absolute;	z-index:2;	top:25px;	left:30px;	width:250px;}#header_productfind {	font-size:10px;	position:absolute;	z-index:2;	width:200px;	top:25px;	right:25px;	text-align:right;}#header_nav {	position:absolute;	z-index:2;	width:600px;	top:66px;	text-align:center;}

Not sure if it matters, but I should mention also that I am using the sticky footer code from here which forces the footer to the bottom of the page.Can anyone help?

Archived