Trouble With Ie6

scout1idf

I just had my first look at my site on a computer that is still using IE6. (at work) Nothing seems to be lining up and one page was completely smashed against the top of the screen.I ran the code through my "Free CSS Toolbox" that I use and checked the syntax for IE6 and it listed no support for min-width, max-width, min-height and max-height.Is there a fix for this or should I not worry about it since IE6 is so old?Thanks in advance.......

There are some 'hacks' out there to make ie6 understand the min/max height/widths. For instance, ie6 reads 'height' as min-height. Ie7 does too i think, im not too sure though if ie7 understands min/max height. Will have to look it up.However, its best to see if your user base uses ie6 or not. If only a handful of people use ie6, then its probably not worth the hassle, however, if 90% of your users use ie6, then it might be worth looking into either using those hacks, or re-coding it slightly so it works in all browsers without hacks.

I'm going to guess that by the time I am able to do anything (as far as money making) IE9 won't even be an issue, much less IE6 or older..... :) I hope it doesn't take me that long, but you never know......

Archived