Dynamical Data In Xml

T-Bone

Hello,I have a project which includes xml, css, dtd and xsl.In the xml file is the data saved and i want to make this available to be able to change this data using xform.The thing is i don't want to download change the xml file and upload it again via a ftp server.I just want to be able to change this data directly on my website on a secured page.So i thought i could use xform for that from inside an html. linking the xml to the xform to be able to alter the data.First is this possible? And if yes, should I use xform or do I need more.And of course can you help me to start this.My background is i know about html, css, php - done the tutorial for xml, xsl, xml schema, xform, xpaths. I changed the dtd file to an xsd file and that is working. but i can't move forward with xform after the tutorial. i just don't seem to find the right answer that why i turned to the community.I hope you can help me out. :)

XForms is not supported by today's browsers... not natively at least. There are various plug-ins with varying degree of support and varying requirements to eiher the server or the client.With that in mind, it's best that you create an HTML form, and use PHP to edit the XML file, based on the contents entered in the form. You can use DOM or Simple XML to do the editing. Alternatively, you can execute an XSLT transformation with the form data as parameters. The XSLT would then generate the new XML, and back in PHP, you can actually save the output to a file.

Thanks boen_robot,I will look into this, cause using php to edit data in an xml file isn't something i know.This will take a few days to look into.
Ok i did a quickscan, and decided to use html form and using xml DOM to edit the xml file.They are more understandable then the other options.Would be nice to have some example in my hand to understand it even better.

Archived