New Editor?

jamesm

Google Play-ground?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What is a better Editor?

• Google play-ground?
    • Try It Editor?

Ok the try-it editor has some issues with browser support..I think the google playground would be a better choice as it has all the samples, projects, codes, etc: all in a navagation so NO PAGE REFRESH YAY!!! NO SEVERAL EDITORS OPEN AT SAME TIME YAY!!!|||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| Nav ||| |||||||||||||||||||| Editor |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| Output ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| :)

Ok the try-it editor has some issues with browser support..
since rendering is browser specific, would the same issues arise in google playground too? Or is it something else you are referring to? I actually don't really use the try-it editor so maybe I've never run into what that is.

The "try-it" editor simply takes the code you input and loads a page with it in the right frame (the entire page doesn't reload). That way, it is of course dependant on what browser you use. This is the same with Google Playground, except the Playground doesn't expect full HTML pages but instead is designed to test JavaScript code. I do think the Playground is much "neater" than the try-it editor, but it wouldn't work for all W3School's circumstances.

Google's Playground is somewhat too advanced for W3Schools, despite its simplicity (the presence of Firebug Lite in particular bugs me...).Arguably, the W3Schools Try-it editor can be made just as useful if it simply places links to all Try-it samples somewhere (say, at the bottom of the page?)... perhaps filtered by "all tutorial's samples", so that you don't end up looking at JavaScript while you're trying to learn HTML.I can't understand the cross-browser issue you're talking about... can you be more specific?

If you want your suggestions to be taken seriously by adults who generate income off this site, you might consider dropping the middle-school capitalization, exclamations, and "YAY" remarks. :)

Archived