Creating a site search

damiancds

What I'd like is a search box implemented on my site that searches my site onlyI know it can be done (and has) with javascript, but I'm not really keen on the idea that if someone has it off, they don't get that featureAnd I've thought about having a google powered site search but I don't like how it doesn't really mesh with my site design, or the ads.I'm also toying with the idea of an advanced search, so they can search by section as well.I was hoping that someone could point me in right direction here.

do you have a database? what would you be allowing people to search for?
Sorry, I should have clarified.As of now I really only see then need to search pages, though I do have a picture section. I only intend to have people be able to search for pages and possibly by section (like searching only the information section, or the product section). It's probably not necessary for the section search right now (though it would be easy (as all sections are in folders and just have the search do www.domain.com/folder1/ instead of just www.domain.comanyway, it's always best to start small, so right now, I only intend to do a page searchthanks,

Archived