Redirect page from iFrame

Web Weenie

I have an external html page that shows in an iFrame. I want to reload the parent page after 3 seconds. I've tried refresh meta tag and a javascript timer but everything loads in the iFrame. How do I direct to the parent window? All I want is to force the parent window to refresh.

Have you looked into perhaps using AJAX instead of iframes?

Have you looked into perhaps using AJAX instead of iframes?
Well I actually use ajax to load the page into the iFrame. I didn't want to get into the gory details but... I load an external html into an iFrame. This page has a link on it and clicking downloads a file. That page is replaced with a message stating the download is in progress. Now I want that message page to display for 3 seconds and then reload the complete parent page. How do I jump out of the iFrame and reload a html page?Thought this would be simple, but can find anything on the interwebs...

I just stumbled on the answer...I've been using parent.location.href = somePage. It dawned on me the the parent for that page is another page in the iFrame... so I tried a hail marry approach parent.parent.location.href = isomePage and it works!Thanks anyway.

Archived