Need of Guidance

Ska

Hello, my site is www.Adulsu.comI'm looking for feedback on my site. It's not completed, and I don't know what I could be missing or should be taking advantage of. Anyone willing to mentor/teach me more would be great. I have lots of ideas, but searching and searching not sure of the best way/method of pulling them off. I don't need anyone to code the site, but make sure I'm doing it right, more of a dialogue if you have time and some patience. You can email/chat with me on gmail at admin@adulsu.com Thank you.

before you get to ahead of yourself, I would take a step back and go through your code and validate it (see my sig). For a beta its starting to come out OK, although the navigation seems a little off and boxy. See if you can do something where you have a horizontal strip of color for the navigation to sit in, rather than short small boxes. It looks funny when its only set to the width of the text. also, for what's being shown on your site, you're source seems unnecessarily complex and verbose. You have a very simple, but so far so good layout, but the source seemingly belies that.

before you get to ahead of yourself, I would take a step back and go through your code and validate it (see my sig). For a beta its starting to come out OK, although the navigation seems a little off and boxy. See if you can do something where you have a horizontal strip of color for the navigation to sit in, rather than short small boxes. It looks funny when its only set to the width of the text.
The code on all of my pages are validated using 1.0 Strict (non-trans). The one page that isn't, has javascripts that I need to go over and fix, thanks for reminding me :) . I will edit the Nav box, I missed that although I constantly look/click on it everyday. Thank you!
also, for what's being shown on your site, you're source seems unnecessarily complex and verbose. You have a very simple, but so far so good layout, but the source seemingly belies that.
Can you explain this further? What do you mean my source? The layout is supposed to be simple, but everything needs to flow, I can agree something doesn't seem to flow well or throws it off. :)

the source. As in your HTML. Right-click on the page and select "view source." (which you should already have access too). Since the layout looks simple, the source seems unnecessarily complex and verbose. In other words it seems like you could get the same amount done with less code, but maybe you're doing stuff that I just don't see, but it seems like it could be simpler.btw, I checked a few other pages on your site and none of them validate. (home, venues, login, support)

the source. As in your HTML. Right-click on the page and select "view source." (which you should already have access too). Since the layout looks simple, the source seems unnecessarily complex and verbose. In other words it seems like you could get the same amount done with less code, but maybe you're doing stuff that I just don't see, but it seems like it could be simpler.btw, I checked a few other pages on your site and none of them validate. (home, venues, login, support)
Yeah that's because of my host. I use http://www.squarespace.com. You have to read about it to understand it. I'm thinking of moving away from them.

Archived