Wanted: Text to wrap from column A into column B

MacLustre

Hi (Keyword variations of 'text flow, text wrap, two columns, tables', haven't managed to narrow my search.)(I'm not specifically trying to reach my objective using Tables, I'm just exploring the option.)I want placed, in a Box of fixed height, two columns each containing text, and one floating image.The text is in three paragraphs of roughly equal size.In order for the text to balance across the two columns, the middle paragraph's text should wrap (like it would in Scribus) from the bottom of the Left Column, to the top of the Right Column.The code for this must be simple: css1, maximum cross-browser compatibility. If that excludes a solution, oh-well.I'm thinking that something may be done using a Table, within a single-set of <td> tags... maybe with a floating <span> ...?Thanks for taking the time to share any advice.

You can't shift text like you want to using CSS, any version. However Scribus does it, it isn't CSS.All the rest can just be accomplished using a few floated elements. Span is an inline element, however - you can't float it.P.S. Why CSS1?

> You can't shift text like you want to using CSS, any version. However Scribus does it, it isn't CSS.I was using Scribus as an example of 'text-wrap', since those keywords called-forth so many hits on so many subjects.> All the rest can just be accomplished using a few floated elements.Yes, and I was wondering how.> P.S. Why CSS1?"...maximum cross-browser compatibility"

Archived