HTML document downloading

atar.yosef

Hello fellows!!I would like to ask please why when I download some HTML documents, and then open them at the explorer at offline status, they are not seem as their original design as they were seen at a online status.Any response related will be appreciated!! :)

The documents will be looking for files that exist on the webserver, but dont exist on your computer. Stuff such as images, stylesheets and javascript files are not downloaded when you 'save file..' in a web browser.

The documents will be looking for files that exist on the webserver, but dont exist on your computer. Stuff such as images, stylesheets and javascript files are not downloaded when you 'save file..' in a web browser.
:) 1) thank you about your response, I found it helpful.2) According to your words, what should I do in order to be able to watch the document at offline status at its original design?Wait for you!! :)

Download the entire website? If its something like Amazon or Ebay, then good luck, you'll need a big computer...With the number of dynamic sites and user based sites that are more or less everywhere nowadays that depends on databases and server side languages to deliver the content, chances are if you download an entire site, it either wont work properly, or it'll be out of date within a few hours or even minutes in some cases.The site's files (namely images, stylesheets and javascript scripts) will be stored in your cache unless caching is switched off in either your browser or by the site itself, so technically you have the files already, just stored in your browsers cache for quicker loading next time you load up that page, or another page on the site that uses those files.Anyway, its kinda pointless downloading a website to view offline, why store an out of date version on your computer, taking up space, when theres a much more upto date version that you can interact with already stored on the internet for the world to see?:)

I'm guessing for some people, online access isn't always a 24/7 luxury, tough guy! :) I could understand the principle for trying to learn some HTML/CSS by saving the code and examining it, but as real_illusions points out, with ever-growing proportion of sites that serve a lot of their content dynamically, the potential learning experience will mostly hardly be worth the time to save an entire site's worth of documents, images, etc.

I'm guessing for some people, online access isn't always a 24/7 luxury, tough guy! :) I could understand the principle for trying to learn some HTML/CSS by saving the code and examining it, but as real_illusions points out, with ever-growing proportion of sites that serve a lot of their content dynamically, the potential learning experience will mostly hardly be worth the time to save an entire site's worth of documents, images, etc.
Thanks you about your response, I asked this question because I don't have 24/7 online internet and I wanted to download some pages from W3schools.com learning center in order to learn them at my own time and my own pace but unfortunatelly, the pages I downloaded are looked very bad and not like their original design.If you have an offer to solve this I will be happy! :)

Archived