help with asp script

natasha23

hi i am currently trying to show the below values from a xml script using value typed in a text box.

<user>	<username>bob</username>	<password>123</password></user>

this is my asp script and at the moment the submit button isn't sending the value from the textbox to display both the username and password. This is my code below.

<form method="POST" action="login.asp"><h1>Child nodes of root element catalog</h1><p>username: <input type="text" name= "username" id= "user" size="30" />  <input type="submit" name="submit" value="Submit"></td></p><%dim strPath, xmlFile, xmlRoot, TextValue, xmlItem, xmlNode, strText, teststrPath = Server.MapPath("staff.xml")Set xmlFile = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM")xmlFile.Async = FalsexmlFile.Load(strPath)Set xmlRoot = xmlFile.DocumentElement Set xmlNode = xmlFile.DocumentElement.ChildNodesTextValue = Request.Form("username")test = Request.Form("submit")For Each xmlItem In xmlNodeif test > 1 ThenTextValue = xmlItem.TextstrText = xmlItem.TextelseResponse.write('<p>wrong</p>')End If%><P><% =strText %></p><% Next %></form>

Archived